Friday, June 29, 2012

We did it!! I almost get hesitant about saying the paper chase is over...but we DID mail our dossier out to our agency yesterday!! Here is the dossier with our three copies of each document. The originals and two copies go to the agency and the third copy is for our records.

Yesterday didn't quite go as I had envisioned. I had thought we would make our copies, put everything together, drive to the post office as a family, take pictures, pray over the documents, and send it in together. Well... the copies took a lot longer than either of had thought they would. With all the staples and seals I had to do it carefully and there were so many pages! By the time I was done, it was 2 o'clock. I was thankful I had brought snacks for the kids but they hadn't eaten lunch and Weston was very tired and ready for his nap. I came home instead of going to the post office. Nathan came home early so I could rush it to the post office. The children were napping so only the two of us could pray over it and we did not take any pictures. (I'm glad I took the one of the stack!) I was a little sad that I had to mail it off myself. In life, things don't always go the way we think they will but at the end of the day...we mailed our dossier!! Along with all the money needed to go with it! That is what really matters.

I think both Nathan and I would agree that I did most of the work to get this all done. It was easier for me because I was at home during the day and could set up appointments, read over things, and really devote time to keeping us organized and progressing. I know that Nathan wants our son home. He loves him already and we dream of having him here and our family complete. However, it is nice to get a little recognition for 7 months worth of work! :) This is the sweet note I woke up to this morning!

So now we wait about a week or a little more due to the holiday. If everything we've sent is correct, they will mail it to Honduras! Then it will take several weeks to translate before going before INFHA. (government group responsible for adoptions in Honduras)

Please join our family in praying that our documents are all correct or that if changes need to be made it can be done quickly. Pray that our Dossier will arrive safely in Honduras and the process of translating and going before the INFHA will move faster than expected. Please pray that we would pass the first time so that we can move forward to be "officially waiting" and receive our first wait list number!

No comments:

Post a Comment