Monday, June 4, 2012

So close to finishing our Dossier!

I must admit I've been discouraged. It seems like we started slower in the paper chase than I wanted and faced several problems along the way. Things took longer than we were told they would and each step seemed to be a waiting game. It's hard to see others who are in this journey with us moving along faster even though they got started after us. However, I just keep thinking about God's perfect peace and his plan for our child and our family. I'll be honest and say there are times I worry and stress but even in those dark moments I never seem to allow it to go fully in that direction. The Holy Spirit is there each time speaking peace and reminding me of God's promises. We have had to redo some paperwork and forms this week because time has elapsed on some of the documents. Thankfully, they were all pretty easy to fix! I had thought surely our Dossier would be on it's way to Honduras by now but it isn't. Still, God is faithful!

We have our Dossier complete and it was pre-approved...minus one government document. Nathan will be taking our file to be apostilled this week. (basically a notary of a notary) Once our approved form arrives, we will have that apostilled and we should be ready to send it to our agency! I'm so ready to have this file out of our hands and in Honduras!!

One of the final steps necessary was a trip to USCIS office to have our electronic fingerprints done. Here Nathan and I are with our signed forms after having that done.



Please be in prayer with us that everything will go smoothly this month and we can get this Dossier sent to Honduras!

No comments:

Post a Comment