Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dare I say it??

As far as I know....we have ALL the documents needed for our Dossier!!! I picked up the last thing we needed today!

If I were to overnight the documents that we need to be apostilled and paid for them to be sent back overnight, the earliest it could be here is next Wednesday. Nathan is actually going to be traveling for work in the same direction so it will be easier to save the money and have him have the documents apostilled. When he arrives home on Thursday, we will make the copies of everything. All documents have to have 3 copies. (That's a lot of trees!) The original dossier, along with two copies of the dossier, will be sent to our agency. The other copy is for our records. We also have to send several checks. Our middle payment to our agency, Dossier Service & Translation Fee, Post-Adoption Deposit, Consulate & Courier Fee, 1st part (of 2) International Program Fee. This totals to $8890.

I'm so excited! And nervous! Part of me wants to just load up the kids and drive there tonight so we can send it a couple of days earlier but financially it doesn't make sense when Nathan is getting paid to go up there next week. I know a couple days doesn't seem like much in light of the entire journey but every day without him home is hard. I'll admit that my stomach is in knots. The idea of placing this many months of hard work into the mail and praying it all arrives safely to Virginia and then to Honduras makes me nervous. All we can do is pray!! Part of me doesn't believe that we're actually going to send it in next week. Nerves and all...I can't wait for Nathan and I to lay our hands on the the 100% completed Dossier, pray over it, take our picture, and send it on it's way!!! :)


Hey Little Man! This is your sister Addison. She is proudly holding up the last document we needed for our file. She is so ready to meet you! She has been drawing you in family pictures, asking questions about you, and praying for you. I can't wait for you to meet her too!


No comments:

Post a Comment