Monday, February 27, 2012

First Home Study Meeting

This afternoon we had our first of three home study Interviews. We decided to do the first one in our home. I cleaned and cleaned today. I knew there would be a lot of questions during each visit, but I thought the home visit would also included a lot about our actual house. She didn't walk through our home at all. She asked us questions about our house and where he would sleep but didn't actually walk through. Maybe she will do that on another visit. Either way my house is nice and clean. :)

This visit we talked a lot about our background. Growing up, our parents, siblings, school, where we lived, important events, our relationships with those in our family, how we feel about them, why do we want to adopt, why Internationally, why Honduras, how we raise our children, our marriage, etc...

We have two more visits. On Monday we have individual interviews. We will each go into the office to be questioned separately for about an hour. On Wednesday we will meet again as a couple and are going to do it at our house again.

This is so exciting!! I cleaned a lot because I wanted to make a good impression, but I didn't go over the top. I wasn't nervous at all. Just excited. Just very, very excited.

"Today was another step closer to you son! I can't wait to hold you in my arms forever!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment